Kimi Raikkonen following Fernando Alonso, Bahrain 2007.
Despite starting off the season as being the first driver since Nigel Mansell to win on debut for Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen’s season faltered after his victory earlier in the season in Australia. By midseason he was some 22 points behind Championship leader Lewis Hamilton. In the most unlikely of circumstances, Lewis Hamilton, for lack of a better phrase, metaphorically shat the bed at Sepang and Interlagos and blew a seventeen point advantage over Raikkonen (who was also 5 points behind second placed Fernando Alonso) to lose the championship to the Finn.
Lewis would get his kamuffins, though. A year later Lewis would overtake Timo Glock’s Toyota on the last corner on the last lap of the last race of the season to beat Felipe Massa at his home Grand Prix. As a tifosi, I hated it. As a Formula One fan it is probably the greatest finish in F1 history.
- isotrip likes this
- carsandlife reblogged this from racingunderthestarryskies
- racingunderthestarryskies reblogged this from ato78
- ato78 reblogged this from rarararaikkonen
- adameve83 likes this
- xzini reblogged this from cutesbela and added:
- senilejunta reblogged this from supportkimi
- supportkimi reblogged this from formulaeen
- cutesbela reblogged this from formulaeen and added:
- tortellinyo reblogged this from goodenoughtopotato
- scherzyhamilton likes this
- servus13 likes this
- bradley-haywood likes this
- goodenoughtopotato reblogged this from 0e3
- goodenoughtopotato likes this
- coolyourbears likes this
- 0e3 reblogged this from rarararaikkonen and added:
- race-against-the-glock reblogged this from rarararaikkonen
- 0e3 likes this
- rarararaikkonen reblogged this from formulaeen
- formulaeen posted this